Thursday, November 12, 2009

It's been raining for days. . .





It has been raining all week! The kids were out of school yesterday and it was a miserably cold, windy and rainy day! Yuck! Enough already. Last night the creek in my neighborhood flooded. This morning when I walked the dogs (don't ask) the entire park was under water, streets closed, traffic redirected. I hurried home with a million things to do to get ready for a book club, dinner for a friend, and busy weekend with guests, parties, pictures, church and more. About 4 hours later the rain had subsided and been absorbed into the ground. So I am pausing to absorb the silence in my hectic life (for only 5 minutes, but hey its a start). I do love those fall colors and all the leaves. Pictures by L.

No comments:

Post a Comment