Sunday, November 29, 2009

Tarheels visit UVA





Our family went to Virginia for Thanksgiving with some close friends. While we were there, we road tripped to Charlottesville, Va. for the day. It was a beautiful fall day! The kids had a ball at the outdoor " mall", at the giant chalkboard, at the bar for lunch and all around campus. We took lots of photos and had many more laughs. My girls are field hockey players and wanted to get a t-shirt from the student store to remember the trip by. I thought "great, no problem, cute shirts" but my husband just about lost it! It was as though the girls asked to get UVA tatooed on their foreheads. We are huge UNC fans and the idea of wearing another school, in our conference no less, was betrayal of the highest order! He even had my oldest convinced that it would jinx her chances of getting in Carolina (and in tears I might add). I ended up buying the girls' tees and he just tried to grasp the idea of them actually wearing them, which they did immediately!

1 comment: