Monday, January 4, 2010

The best gift yet!




It is now Jan. 4, 2010 and I am planning on cooking dinner for my family tonight. It will be the first time I have cooked since maybe Dec. 17th! I really do not like to cook, bake, yes, cook, NO! Don't worry, my family has not starved. We did eat out a fair amount but the biggest gift to me was that my sweet husband has cooked lots! And he confessed to really liking it! Now we are getting somewhere! He has made beef tenderloin, lamb chops with a fabulous orzo side dish with pine nuts, spinach and tomatoes, and then over the weekend beef short rib sliders! We just went to a spin class at noon then came home and had left over sliders for lunch and they were terrific! So I am so thankful for his online recipe hunting, shopping (I probably haven't been in a grocery store in 2 weeks either), preparing and cooking our wonderful meals for the past 2 weeks! Great New Year Gift!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, can he come to my house. I think I've been to the grocery store every day of break!

    ReplyDelete