Monday, January 18, 2010

I am OLD!




H. and I took our youngest ice skating with friend yesterday. Well today I am sore! Actually I was sore yesterday, almost immediately. First my shins and back hurt while skating. Those aches went away after about 30 minutes of skating. I couple skated with my hubby. We looked GOOD. Yeah, right, probably only to ourselves and maybe our youngest (who doesn't know better). Anyway after 90 minutes of helping little ones skate, i.e. bending over, skating backwards, etc... I was frozen and tired. When I was walking to the car, my hubby said I looked like I just got off a horse. Thanks hon, you don't look any better. About 2 hours later we subjected ourselves to more torture. We ran (for exercise) 2.8 miles. Okay now I really was tired, sore, bent and OLD!!! Today I woke up not nearly as sore as I expected. So who knows, maybe I will go running again tonight. (H. wants us to participate (note I did not say finish) in a 10 mile run in April. That will be almost 2 hours of running. Who would want to do that? Not me but we will see how far I get in the training.

1 comment:

  1. Where is a picture of you on skates???

    Can't wait to see you guys nextweek!

    ReplyDelete