Thursday, November 25, 2010

1st Awards Ceremony in 2nd Grade




M. was going for citizenship. I mean she really, really wanted the citizenship award. Why, I do not know. All we knew for sure was that she was getting some award. I arrived with my camera all set to record the occasion. Turns out she did not get citizenship but did get TWO others. I secretly hoped this would make up for the coveted one. She got outstanding reader and outstanding homework. There were several kids who got the reading award but only one homework award. Okay, I thought homework was mandatory and, of course, you would always do your best on it. Whatever, just glad it was my kid with the outstanding homework. Now I am justified for making her do it daily and to an "outstanding" job on it each and every time! Go Mom! Maybe next quarter I can get the outstanding homework drill Sargent award!