Saturday, August 20, 2011

She has left the nest!





We moved our oldest daughter, Kate, into her college dorm yesterday! It was exciting and a little sad (for the family left behind). Her sisters were definitely a little sad after saying goodbye. I was too, of course, but also excited about her new chapter she is beginning!! The move in went very well. Her room is adorable and the roommates and suitemates all seem to be great girls. We had to stage the move in into 2 waves because Maggie is in a play this weekend and had dress rehearsal and couldn't leave until 3:30pm. Harper, Kate and Lilly left about noon and had everything moved in, unpacked and sorted by the time I got there! Yipee for me so all I had to do was "fluff" the room a bit. We went to dinner with the roommate, her parents and the 2 suitemates and their parents. That was really fun! Everyone got to know each other and we all seemed to have a lot in common! After a 5 minute walk back to the girls' dorm and some picture taking we left. I kept wanting to call or text my girl and find out what was going on but I didn't. It is almost noon the following day I haven't heard from her yet. . . I miss my baby already!!