Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Our New Rescue Dog Oliver!





Yesterday we went to "look" at a precious cocker spaniel that needed a home. He had only one eye and had had 2 knee surgeries in the last 6 months. His name on the web site was Bandit. We did not care for the name but thought he looked adorable. So we set up a meeting with his foster mom for 8:30 am and we got up at 6:30 am so we could leave by 7 with Harper, Maggie, Cooper and Jack. I wanted my older boys to meet the new dog too. Well it was freezing- 20 degrees and windy. We had to meet Bandit outside. Brrrrrr!!! But we really liked him immediately. He was so sweet. A little skinny and shaved almost bare but cute as a button! So we took him home. The big dogs seemed uninterested at first and then maybe a little annoyed with the young tyke who never stopped moving! Can dogs have ADHD? Feeding the 3 was a little scary because nobody wanted to "share" but I solved that problem and breakfast this morning was a piece of cake. The dogs also slept great last night and it was the puppy's first night NOT in a crate. So life with 3 dogs has not been bad at all. It has been comical at times and I have walked the dogs more than when I had two. So a big thank you to Harper for helping me complete my "canine" family!