Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Valentines 2012



This was most positively my BEST Valentine's holiday ever! It started on 2/11 and went through 2/14. It involved multiple dates in multiple cities and many gifts for me! So what else can I say but that my husband rocks!! It started on Saturday before Valentines when Harper and I headed to Chapel Hill to the basketball game. We had a fabulous brunch beforehand, went to the game then had lunch afterwards with our Kate! We also did a little sports shopping! harper bought me a new Garmin sports watch with GPS to track my milage and much more! I also got a new running tights and a hot pink long sleeve running tee for our Valentine Massacre Marathon Relay on the 12th. Nothing says "I love you" like running a relay marathon in the 20 degree weather! But it was so much fun!! Then on Valentine's Day, my husband bought me a Valentine card (which he never does) and it had a gift card to Anthropologie in it! We also went downtown for a lovely dinner at Bin 33. I had made my traditional chocolate window cut out cookies with rasberry jam inside for him. These cookies take hours to make and then only make 10 so it is a labor of love! I had a valentine's dinner of chicken pies for the girls with heart pie crusts on Monday since our oldest was home for one night. And then helped Maggie make adorable owl Valentines for her classmates. It was a wonderful holiday in so many ways!!