Tuesday, June 8, 2010

8th grade semi formal fun

My beautiful L. had her 8th grade semi formal dance Saturday night. She looked lovely! The da started with the 12 girls going to get their nails done, then half came to our house to begin getting ready for the 6:15 pm dinner reservation and 7:30 dance. L. wore a slate grey strapless dress that had many tucks and gathers in the bodice. The dance was held at school in the gym but it had been completely decorated. I thought it really looked nice! (how did I see it you wonder- I sneaked in at the end of dance when I was picking up 9 girls). The girls all had cute short dresses and went in a large group. There were 16 at dinner (5 boys) and then everyone danced with everyone else. It was a low pressure "date" event but high pressure wardrobe event! The girls all came back to our house to spend the night. It sounded like they stayed up all night talking but I know they had a ball!