Wednesday, June 30, 2010

One down-2 to go!




Took my middle daughter to camp early on Monday morning. We left at 4:30 am because she wanted to be at camp when the gates opened at 7:30! I drove and she slept but not before remembering at least 4 needed items forgotten at home. We arrived at 7:38, behind about 200 others but she was excited. L. will be at main camp for almost 5 weeks. She was excited and a little concerned about the length of her session. The longest she has ever been before is 3 weeks. I reminded her how much her family has been "bugging" her and that now she was in one of her favorite places. I know she will be fine and have a ball. And we will have a break from the frequent and extreme mood changes of a teenage girl! Win-Win! She left me a sweet message on her computer thanking me for sending her to camp and telling me how much she loves me. So sweet and now I am writing her daily and sending funny cards. It is good to realize how much you appreciate someone once they are not around everyday.
( Mailed a sleeping bag, hairbrush, tooth brush and water bottle to camp yesterday. )