Wednesday, July 28, 2010

It is a little QUIET here without all the girls!



Counting down the hours until I pick up L. tomorrow. Have to get up at 5 am to drive 3 hours up hill but so looking forward to getting my arms around her!! I have missed her terribly, even though I did see her on her birthday, July 18th. She has written 25 letters to me, and hopefully I have written that many to her too, probably more if you count the emails. It was nice to have a mini vacation with no children for 5 days but that is long enough! I absolutely LOVE to collect them from camp. They almost bubble over with excitement and stories of the time away. L. and I will be in the car together for 7 hours tomorrow and she will probably talk for at least 5 of them. I welcome each and every uttering and just enjoy listening to the sound of her voice, the rise and fall of her of her melodious voice. It was the same when I picked up M. She chattered for about an hour then fell asleep from exhaustion. K. calls every couple of days so she keeps me up on her life. I drove 3 hours roundtrip on Monday just to spend 30 minutes with K. in between her classes. We got a hug and lots of scoop on her life at camp and just enjoyed being close to her. We got her a tank full of gas and a snack and then had to send her on her way. It is hard to be away from them for so long. I don't know how I will manage when K. goes to college next year! I will miss her desperately!!! She still has 3 more weeks at camp so I will continue to write and email and try to stay connected to my babies. When school starts and the stress of 2 in high school, college applications, SATs and ACTs, etc... hits us, I will need to remember how much I missed them and how much I want them around. Just a matter of perspective.