Tuesday, July 13, 2010

M. goes to camp-they are all gone!





Sunday morning we took our youngest to camp for the first time! She was so excited- a little nervous too, but overall brimming with enthusiasm. We arrived right on time and went to her cabin where, as luck would have it, her big sister was her counselor (along with 3 others). M. was thrilled and we were so proud of K. as she greeted all the parents and looked so grown up. It was a touching moment for me as a parent to see my oldest as a grown young lady. After I made the lower bunk and got M.'s bunk all settled we went to the gym to turn in the health form. Well M. could hardly stand being away from her cabin and meeting new friends. She was dying to get back so after about 15 minutes we went back and she ran on in front of us to get to her cabin. We found her inside playing UNO with a new friend. She is definitely ready to go to camp and I so hope she has a fabulous week!! Of course, I am so thankful that my oldest will be looking out for her and is right there should M. need her. And, she calls me every night to tell me how the day went!
So now the "staycation" begins! We went to a Tour De France party with French wines and cheeses after the camp drop off. It was a lot of fun as we sampled wine and cheeses from the different regions of France that corresponded to the stages of the race. Then last night, after I spent my first free day cleaning out M.'s room, we went to The Melting Pot for a fondue dinner! Tonight is movie night! So we are enjoying the time off from parenting and the time together!