Wednesday, January 12, 2011

day 4 of no school




On Monday, after we stayed up late on Sunday night finishing the science experiment, a snow storm was predicted. Well school was cancelled. I was notified at 5 am by my middle daughter, 5:30 am by the school system, then my alarm went off at 6:45 am and then the dogs. So I did not get any "extra"sleep. The snow finally started around 4 pm. And we got about 1" tops. It was a mix of snow and ice. Day two, we slept late since school was called at 8 pm. M. got to "sled" down our icy driveway with her dad but really it was not good snow. No snowman or snowball fights. Day three, school was called off at 5 pm the night before. Roads were icy in the morning but a lot melted off with the temperatures in the mid 30's. Ok, so now at 8 pm, school has been called off AGAIN! Enough already. I am leaving for Vegas tomorrow just to escape. No, really, I am going but it was already scheduled. But now I really feel I need and deserve it!