Sunday, January 2, 2011

The homemade gifts for 2010!


Every year I make my girls something for Christmas. I have made pajamas, dolls, matching doll p.j.'s, purses, photo albums, hats and scarves, sock animals and much more. This year I decided to skip it. But I kept having thoughts of what a bad mother I was NOT making something, so on December 20th (and we exchange gifts on Dec. 24th) I went to my local yarn store for inspiration. I found the perfect solution! Fingerless gloves with a beautiful cable pattern and picot edging! Got great yarn in a washable wool blend in marine blue and a steel blue then began knitting. Almost 24 hours a day!!! I made 2 pairs which I finished on Dec. 23rd and one sock (with the second one not quite finished) so all 3 girls had a gift handmade by Mom under the tree! I felt much better and the older girls LOVED the gloves and even requested that I make them socks too! M. was sweet and mentioned that she really would like another sock to go with the one I gave her! Back to the knitting needles!

No comments:

Post a Comment