Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!





We are all happy and fat thanks to that Pioneer Woman cookbook! I have used a half gallon of whole milk, 8 sticks of real butter, 2 pounds of powdered sugar, a bag of flour and 2 pounds of sugar in the past 24 hours! There is no end in sight! H. made chicken fried steak last night with mash potatoes and all of it under gravy. He wants it noted that we have some parts of our quarter of a cow that needed to be eaten so we had to get creative with the recipes. It was yummy but I don't think I can eat it again 7 more times! Note there are no greens anywhere in sight. But thanks for cooking honey! This morning I made PW cinnamon rolls from scratch. They took about 2 hours but were worth the wait. My oldest told me it was the best thing I have EVER made and H. said they were better than Cinnabon. All I know is that I made half to recipe and it was 25 rolls - so everyone has to eat FIVE! I took some to our neighbors but H. would not let many out of the house. They really were divine!!! Now tonight we are having PW mac and cheese. L. has said that we need to eat more because with all the leftovers (scones, cinnamon rolls, chicken fried steak, mash potatoes, mac and cheese)there is no more room for new food.