Wednesday, March 17, 2010

lunch with an author


My St. Patty's Day keeps getting better and better! Today I had lunch with author Sarah Addison Allen! Okay, it was with about 20 other people too but who cares! It was at our downtown library and the lunch was barbeque because that meal is featured in her book. The library was celebrating SAA's newest novel, The Girl Who Chased The Moon. There was a door prize of a charm bracelet because it is featured in the book as well. I did not win, exactly, but my mother did and she gave it to me!! So I did WIN! Thanks, mom! I love this native Asheville, North Carolina author. Her first two books, Garden Spells and Sugar Queen are two of my favorite "magical realism" books. They are sweet stories with quirky magical elements intertwined. I can't wait to read the newest next week on spring break. Great day and it is only early afternoon!