Thursday, March 18, 2010

SWAP meet





To celebrate the 98th Birthday of Girl Scouts my service unit held a swap meet. Out of my 3 troops, only my youngest, Daisys, were excited about it! So on a Saturday morning, after a good month of making swaps (Special Whatchmacallits Affectionately Pinned) with my Daisy troop, we met to do the highly anticipated swapping. The girls were so excited and want to have many swaps to trade. Each year, the hosting troop decreases the time of the event because swapping takes place REALLY, REALLY fast. This year the time was 1 1/2 hours, well 45 minutes into the meet with an opening flag ceremony and welcome, we were DONE! My girls made cute "recycled" (not really) puzzle pieces that were spray painted gold and silver with the words MAKE NEW FRIENDS glued to them. Some of these troops go wild with creativity and effort. We went easy and focused on friendship! "Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other is gold. A circle is round it has no end, that's how long I'm going to be your friend"