Tuesday, March 30, 2010

screw up # 1, 672


I try! I really do, but sometimes I fall flat on my face. M. had been waiting for her friend, Flinn's, really cool birthday party at some jumping place in town. I got the invitation, called to RSVP yes, bought a great gift, googled the address so I would know how to get there and wrote it on my calendars! On the day of the party (according to my calendars) my youngest came home saying the party was YESTERDAY. I was skeptical until she told me the birthday boy, himself, said it was "yesterday and fun and the cake tasted great". I looked at the invitation and yes, I wrote the day wrong. I had screwed up big time. M. was on her bed crying. I felt terrible. I did point out we would have had a conflict yesterday and apologized 200 times but she wasn't rallying. So I called the other mom to apologize and see if we could come over to bring the gift. We went, waited for 15 minutes but no one was home. So we called for a play date the next day! Problem solved. M. had her first official play date with a boy and gave him a really cool gift that they both enjoyed for 2 hours at the park and forgave me. Yipee!!
The very next day I made screw up #1,673- I told M. we would go to the egg hunt with 6,000 eggs on Saturday. Late Friday night I found out I was a week off, the egg hunt would be April 4 when we would be out of town. This time when I told M. I had made another mistake, she just smiled her beautiful smile and told me that it was okay! Thanks for being so understanding of your crazy mom!! She loves you bunches!