Sunday, April 25, 2010

Boot Shoppin' in Austin!





Just returned (exhausted) from a trip with my husband to Austin, Texas! It was work for him but fun for me. I shopped, ate well, slept late, read my book by the pool, visited with a good friend and went out every night! I arrived on Wednesday and the hunt for boots began because we needed them for a party at Stubb's on Thursday night. Well, let's just say the adventure began! Everyone told us where to shop for "authentic Texas boots"- Allens (prices ranging from $400-$1000), and Heritage Boots (handmade with an equally high price tag but definitely gorgeous). This was really not what I had in mind. So my girlfriends and I found another boot place but it was located 20 minutes or a $25 cab ride away. We decide to take the bus. Had a hard time finding the right bus and it began to rain so what did we do . . . got a ride with a complete stranger! Yes, we did! I have never hitchhiked in my life but this very nice, young, professional woman heard us trying to find the bus and knew where we wanted to go so she offered us a ride. We said YES! Twenty minutes later we were at Cavender's Boots. The nice saleswoman gave us a tutorial on boots, the fit, style and makers then turned us loose to try some on. That we did, probably about 5-7 pairs each until we found the one! We all bought boots and I even got a pair for my husband. Best part about this story- we met a new friend in Cavender's who gave us a ride back to downtown Austin!! We looked good Thursday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment