Thursday, April 15, 2010

She loves me, she loves me not


This is how things feel sometimes with my oldest. Last night she came home from work (childcare at our church with 4-7 year olds) and brought me a painting she made me of a heart! Beautiful, sweet, colorful and definitely a surprise. Usually I am being accused of ruining her life and other such atrocities. K is a junior in high school who makes good grades and causes us no problems. But she is under a tremendous amount of stress right now. In the next 4 weeks she will have 4 AP exams, the SAT and begin work on her Girl Scout Gold Award. Yes, she is a little busy. But I have complete confidence in her abilities to manage her time, study and actually emerge victorious in a few short weeks!! I am very proud of her and I love her to pieces so it is nice to see she feels the same way about me (sometimes)!