Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Oh, the food!





I ate guacamole every single day! Got off the plane at 11:30 am and was eating at the Iron Cactus by 1:00. Here they make your guacamole right at your table and you decide what to add, like cilantro, salt, pepper, jalapeno peppers, tomatoes, onions, even orange slices (weird but good). We ended up going there every single day for either a meal or happy hour because they had good food and great atmosphere on the roof top! I also ate fish and shrimp tacos. I tried them out everywhere! I had a great breakfast at the Driskill Hotel- twice, but not on the same day (ha ha). It was eggs scrambled with spinach and goat cheese with home fries on the side. And I ate lots of steaks, big ones, 10 ounces of fabulous beef. But the best find was "Oh, Cupcake"! It was a vintage, silver Airstream parked in the SoCo area that sold delicious cupcakes. We got a Michael Jackson with Botox aka a chocolate cupcake with cream cheese icing then injected with whipped cream. OMG it was good but too rich to eat by myself. I ate big in Texas and probably came back a little bit bigger too! But I still look good in my boots!

No comments:

Post a Comment