Thursday, April 29, 2010

Fabulous Dinner?



I made dinner for last night in the afternoon since it was such a busy day and I knew we would all be eating at different times. I found a new recipe, shopped for the ingredients and came home and cooked for 1.5 hours. I tasted throughout the preparations and thought how yummy my dinner was going to be! It was a twist on homemade mac and cheese from the Food Network magazine involving good Parmesan and Gruyere cheeses, whole milk, butter, zucchini, and baby spinach. Not a low calorie dish but it sounded great and had 2 vegetables in it that my kids loved. I had to grate both cheeses and 2 lbs of zucchini, make a sauce, cook pasta, saute the vegies. The finished product looked beautiful and tasted fabulous- to me. Found out later my husband had text the girls to let him know if he should eat before coming home. Thanks hon. (he did come home and actually liked my dish a lot, enough for seconds). My oldest, the vegetarian, decided she did not like the way it looked or smelled. My middle daughter took a bowl into her room, closed the door and "pretended" to eat it not to hurt my feelings. My youngest left me this note. I burst out laughing when I read it. Love the" P.S. I had cereal"! At least she's resourceful! The older girls wanted to know if they would also be excused had they left me a cute note- NO! So much for all that effort. Lesson here: don't bother, just make what you know they will eat. I am considering taking the rest of the week off!

1 comment:

  1. You got your comments back! Looks good to me! Missing the table side guacamole though!

    ReplyDelete