Thursday, May 6, 2010

A wonderful birthday so far. . .





Today is my birthday and so far it has been really great! The weather was sunny, blue skies and a slight breeze. My 7 year old brought me breakfast in bed-after I had to wake my husband so he could wake her so she could "surprise" me. And it was a yummy breakfast of toasted pound cake, hot tea and a cold navel orange. M. also had me wear a birthday crown of many candles. And she told me "Mom, you do not have to do any laundry today!". Yea! Yea! After breakfast I got up to make her breakfast and lunch and get her dressed and down to the bus stop. (While my husband got back in the bed and read his book for 20 minutes- whose birthday is it anyway?). Both my other girls said "Happy Birthday" as soon as I woke them up for school. Then I had lunch with 6 great friends and we sat outside in the shade! It was a FABULOUS lunch, followed by 3 FABULOUS desserts! We enjoyed a long, 2 hour lunch, which is a real treat in itself. I had a great time and treasure each of these of women in my life!!! Tonight, we are going to one of my favorite pizza places (that also serves my favorite wine) for a family dinner. So I am looking forward to enjoying my entire birthDAY!
P.S. I am expecting a gift in addition to the beautiful peonies, if you are reading this, honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment