Thursday, August 5, 2010

Beach traditions





We are having a fun, family beach trip even though we don't have all members of the family. My brother was here for about 4 days and we had a nice visit. We have eaten at the local pizza parlor that everybody enjoys and gone to play putt-putt. There were 6 of us and I was the score keeper. Had a ball AND I WON!! (there was no improper score keeping I assure you). I even had 2 hole in ones, M. had one, L. had 2, H. had one and my dad had one. We won 2 free games because 2 of us got the hole in one on the "magic hole". So exciting! Now I am hoping we do not have to play again this week and can save them until next year. H. and my L. have left to get back home for field hockey try outs so I am down to just M. and my parents. Yesterday my great aunt Evelyn and Uncle James came with cousins Sandra and her daughter Laura and her boyfriend Adam. It was a house full and we enjoyed each and every minute of it. It was loud, chaotic and full of stories and laughter until late that night!! We were on the beach during most of the day, then attempted to geocache (phone problems but were successful today), played bocci ball, volleyball, swam, cooked out and generally just enjoyed each others' company. The highlight of the evening was my aunt teaching me, and then M. (who wanted to get in on the lesson, too), to make apple jacks. These were a favorite of mine that my grandmother use to always make for me. It was so touching that her sister remembered this and brought all the supplies so we could make them last night. We made about 15! And ate 14- I hid one for me for today. The family came back today and we spent another great day together. It was sad to say goodbye since we don't see them but a couple times a year. Also found out that K. has a broken last digit of her ring finger, left hand. Such a bummer with 1 week left of camp. Sending good thoughts and bunches of love your way my sweet Katie B.!