Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Bieber Fever


Justin Bieber, shown here performing on NBC Today in New York in June, is drawing fans to his hometown, Stratford, Ont.
Took L. and 2 friends to see justin Bieber Sunday night. I had asked what time the concert was since the venue was almost 2 hours away. L. assured me she checked and it was at 6. I thought this sounded great! I can get home before 11, right? Well we were in the mountains getting to see daughter number 1 for about 15 minutes. After doing a load of her laundry and then gathering 3 more loads to take home from the less than 12 hours she (and 5 friends) were under the same roof as us I came back home. Started laundry, showered and left to go to the concert at 3 pm. We actually ate dinner at a funky downtown pizza place at 4:45 pm- all in preparation for a 6 pm concert. We then see huge lines of fans at the arena, but the doors are not yet open. So I ask to see the tickets (hint: I should have done this yesterday) and discover that the concert doesn't start until 7. I asked L. where exactly she got her information about the concert and she tells me "facebook". OMG teens!!! We then walked around downtown and got ice cream before heading to our seats at 6 pm. This really would have been fine if I had had a book with me. We sat there for 3 hours before JB even came out. There were at least 3 warm up acts (all young and not good). BUT when The Bieber took the stage, the concert began. It was by far the loudest concert I have ever been too. More screaming young girls than at Miley Cyrus and the audience sang every word to every song louder than Justin. I could barely make out his voice but he did have some sweet dancing feet! That boy can move! He did have the low slung pants that I am not a fan of, but he was conscious of keeping his shirt down, covering the undies. Thanks man, I appreciate that. He had lots of costume/ outfit changes, usually a monochromatic look with a splash of color in his baseball cap or hoodie. Justin (yeah, we are on a first name basis now) played for about 1.5 hours and he did put on a good show. The concert ended by 10:30. I made it home by midnight listening to his tunes the whole way. The girls thought it was the "best concert EVER"! I thought next time I will definitely bring a book (just until the main attraction).