Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First day of school/last first day of high school!




Big day at our house. There were many discussions about what to wear, how to wear our hair, which shoes looked the best, etc... Such is life with 3 girls. Everybody had a hard time settling down last night and then getting up this morning. M. was sure I was getting her up earlier than last year (not true). She was the last one up at 6:45 but the first ready by 7:05. And she was the first out the door to catch her bus at 7:24. She did announce that this year she thought she could walk to the bus stop alone- without me! I said no way!! I am not ready for my baby (whose in 2nd grade now) to leave without me watching her getting on the bus and getting my goodbye kiss. Not yet. I did say that I would let her walk home from the bus stop in the afternoons by herself ( I will be waiting on my front porch, thank you). It is the first day for L. in high school today. I told her to text me and let me know how it was going. I heard nothing. I called her after school but before FH practice and she said it was "okay". Not a lot of information from that. I hope all went well. Maybe I can get some more scoop from her sister or later tonight. Last first day of high school for my oldest. She was excited about her senior year and the idea of going off campus for lunch EVERYDAY! She is driving her sister everyday so now I drive no more school carpools- for one year! I plan on enjoying that one! So with my free day, I cleaned the girls rooms and bathrooms, went to the grocery and worked on Girl Scout stuff. I did get the girls fondant cookies from our favorite bakery!! I ate one already but there are still 4 left! Yipee! School is back in!

No comments: