Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fabulous Food in Philly!




While in Philly we had some fabulous and unique food! Thursday night we went to SUPPER. It is a relatively new restaurant that serves interesting, seasonal and local food! I had a pumpkin beer to begin the meal. My salad was more of a vegetable plate with greens, leeks, cheddar cheese, seasoned walnuts and a raspberry puree drizzled on the side. For the entree I had the best burger I have ever eaten! It was fresh brisquet ground that day, with a gruyere, and roasted tomato with duck fat fingerlings! For dessert I had grilled pound cake with baked pears and vanilla ice cream. It was one of the best meals I have ever had!! Then on Friday for lunch before leaving for the airport my husband and I went to MONK'S CAFE, a Belgian beer and mussels restaurant. They had over 180 belgian beers as well as many more from all over the world. We each had a small bucket of mussels prepared differently. My husbands were in a spicy red sauce and mine were in a beer based white broth with leeks and cheese. We also tried several beers we had never even heard of. Beers here are described like wine. We had to get our server to help with recommendations! I had a raspberry lambic that easily could have been a dessert. Very interesting and super yummy! So I had terrible weather but ate so well and really enjoyed my quick get away with my hubby! Can't wait to go again-anywhere with you honey!




No comments:

Post a Comment