Thursday, October 8, 2009

Wine tasting (some of us take bigger tastes, thank you)





Last week I mentioned that I was doing some outdoor planting to get ready for a party I was having. Well, it was a wine tasting on Sunday afternoon to celebrate the marriage of some good friends. We had fabulous fall weather and hosted on our brick patio with a fire in the outdoor fireplace. We had a "welcome" wine while people were arriving that was a yummy sparkling rose from France. I am not usually a fan of French wines but found this one delightful! (And I enjoyed another bottle of it last night while watching GLEE with my hubby!) The idea was to do a blind tasting of 5 wines in which you had to identify them from a brief description and then a final "ringer" wine that you were suppose to identify only its country of origin. The party was to be from 5-7 and the tasting was lead by a friend who owns a local wine shop and wine bar. Fun idea! We had a great time with all this "tasting" and after the results were revealed everyone stuck around until 9ish still "tasting". The "ringer" wine was my favorite, 2004 Harmonie Cotes Du Rhone. So I now am a fan of French wine! After everyone (except the guest couple) had left, we decided to go out to dinner (yes, I did have food-good cheese, fruit, meat, and chocolate at the party). We headed out at 10pm on a Sunday to a great restaurant and ordered-you guessed it- another bottle of wine! I had a really great weekend and party. But I was a little slow moving on Monday. Completely worth it!! Good wine and great friends along with super weather make for a perfect party! Oh, and I had great flowers at the party from my friend's barn party the day before!

No comments:

Post a Comment