Thursday, October 22, 2009

Girl Scouts Rock


Okay, I am a Girl Scout leader for 3 troops-one for each of my girls. Sometimes I love this job and sometimes not so much! This will be a big year for my two older girls because my oldest, K, will be completing her Gold Award (if I don't kill her first) and my middle, L, will be completing her Silver Award (OMG! we may both quit after this!). And my Daisy troop is just having fun, making new friends and gardening. So this week in my middle daughter's troop, all 12 girls, were presenting an issue/concern to our school board chairman. We had been practicing, trying to get the concerns more broad, instead of "I hate my math teacher" and trying to eliminate all the "like" and "yeah" and "um". Well on Thursday they did it! And they did it well! I was so impressed! The school board chairman was also impressed and addressed each girls' concern thoughtfully. Girl Scouts Rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment